What's in my bag: [Adriana Laptop Bag]
I have to confess I am a handbag freak! I am constantly on the hunt for a new bag and love bags which make my life simple - hence this bag.
Strolled into Forever New looking for a big enough bag which would not only hold my handbag essentials but also my work things. I grew tired of hauling around three bags everyday (handbag + laptop bag + lunch bag) and so did my back and shoulders.
Also, my expensive luxury bags would get ruined using them to work everyday and to and from meetings so I prefer to keep them for the weekend / special occasions and things like that.
The laptop bags on the market just didn't impress me and are not bags I would carry around willingly. So, I decided to go to a fashion store in search for this mysterious bag I had envisioned in my mind. To my surprise I stumbled across the Adriana laptop bag.
Firstly, it was black leather, my favourite kind of handbag, it was stylish with gold detailing and was under R1000.00. The rest is history and now I am settled and loving carrying it around with me - so I thought I would share with you how I packed it.
This bag is chunky, solid and definitely durable and comfortable to carry around. I also managed for find the cutest little pom-pom with glasses to clip onto the one of the side rings.
Ok, so enough about the bag let's move onto what's inside. What's so great about this bag is that it can take as much as you want to fit inside it.
I tend to only keep what I absolutely need inside my bags to avoid the bags weighing about 10 kgs. As you can see, there is depth as well as ample space - and compartments.
There are two zippers on each side, one for your laptop which has velvet padding inside (uber luxe) and the other space for your files, papers etc. The middle compartment has card holder pouches on the side, there is an inside zip for smaller things as well as space for change, your cellphone or any other tinier items.
First up - is my makeup/ 'everything' bag. I got this at the Jo Borkett shop in Rosebank Mall when they were having a massive sale. Think it was priced for R600 or something - I paid R199.00 - what a steal!
- Smashbox filter creamy powder foundation in number 7 - to touch up during the day
- Rose Gold mirror - to see what I am doing on my face, ofcourse!
- A little brush and sponge for options of how I want to touch up. The brush came with a Benefit blush I bought and I keep it for convenience, the sponge came in a set of 12 triangular sponges from Dischem
- My Pug tissues - from Typo because you never know when you will need a tissue
- Rimmel London Provocalips 16HR wear with double application (colour + lock and shine) which stays on all day
- Catrice Ultimate Stay lipstick in the colour "Behind the red curtain"
- Rice paper blotting tissues from Palladio
- Mini Benefit Gimme brow
- Travel size Benefit They're Real mascara
- Revlon Colourburst lip butter in the shade "050 Berry Smoothie" - this stuff makes my lips look plump, moisturised and like my own but better
- Elizabeth Arden Red Door travel size Eau de Toilette spray
- Some hair bits
Other things I carry along with me is my MacBook Air / or my Acer laptop, my Louis Vuitton Emilie wallet in the monogram canvas design in a light pink/rose gold shade, my favourite sunglasses from TopShop, mints from typo and of course a bottle of water.
As it is a handbag / laptop bag I also carry around a notebook and pens. Both are from Typo - I simply love their stationary bits.
Shop the items:
Adriana Laptop Bag from Forever New: https://goo.gl/YrAJ4p
Louis Vuitton Emilie Wallet: https://goo.gl/vVdHYS